Sunday, January 1, 2012
happy new years!
I've always loved setting goals for the upcoming year and thinking about how I really want to proceed. This morning I woke up before Drew and AJ and really wanted to read a little bit in my David Baldacci novel (I'm such a sucker for his mysteries) but looked over on the chair next to my bed and saw my Bible sitting there and realized that a way better way to start the year would be to read something slightly more substantial than David Baldacci. :) So... my goals... there are seven of them because it's my fave number.
1. Spend consistent time in the Bible each day. Before blogging. Before Facebook. Before Gmail.
2. Run or work out five days a week. Run a 10k averaging 8:30 miles (AJ is probably cringing at this unbelievably slow pace but whatever... it works for me. :))
3. Here is a goal AJ set for me: take (and pass!) my real estate agent exam. My goal for him was that he run a marathon this year (he used to run a fall and a spring marathon... Drew is slowing us down. :))
4. Learn to take far better indoor photos for the blog.
5. Complete 25 makeover projects this year. See the Makeover Monday series starting tomorrow on the blog.
6. Be completely comfortable in my own body (ie: do something about my post-baby stomach... I've lost all the weight but somehow some of the jiggle jiggle remained). :)
7. Make our house even more our own... maximize every inch of space we have!
I'll blog about hopefully reaching these goals throughout the year, stay tuned. What are your goals for 2012?