Thank the people who nominated you:
First, let me tell you about Harrison Home blog. Jen has great style and she a Pinterest lover, just like myself... you really should check out her fun decorating ideas:
And, Jenna, she's got a fun life change in front of her... she's moving from Kenya with her hubby and little guy Kyalo to New Jersey for her husband's dental schooling. Seriously, could you have a bigger switch of places? Kenya to New Jersey?!?! Check out her blog here.
Tell you about other fun blogs I love reading:
Check out both of their blogs (above), I think you'll have fun... and you must check out a couple of my other fave blogs (in all your free time. :)). These ladies are doing a great job blogging and I always have fun checking in with them... click on their blog header below to be taken to their site.
First off, my newest find, as in, THIS MORNING. I've been stalker-ish and reading every post. :) Courtney found the gray dresser on Craigslist and did a Google search for Migonis Home... love when random things like that happen:
This blog is actually written by Kim's best friend, Allison. You'll have fun keeping up with her reading and sewing (and everything in between) adventures.
Jessica from Running to be Skinny = hysterical and fun. Check her out.
Brooke is creative and fun. She has a good sense of style... you should check her out!
Next on the 7x7 list of what I'm supposed to do... share 7 things about myself:
- My newest obsession is Whole Foods Salted Chocolate Covered Caramels. Heavenly. Seriously. I didn't tell AJ how much I spent on that little tiny box of them. He doesn't need to know, right?
- I love love love when you leave comments on the blog. Or send me emails. I can't tell you how encouraging that is. Like yesterday when I got two random emails from people who saw the gray dresser on Craigslist. Happiness.
- My favorite movie star is Reese Witherspoon. She pretty much always looks fabulous.
- I think Warren Buffet is adorable. And modest. Just watched him on Person to Person. He mentioned that he didn't want to be confused with George Clooney who was featured right before him. :)
- Riding an elephant would be pretty fabulous.
- I lose every pair of gloves. Or at least one of every pair of gloves. That's why I told AJ to only buy me the $1 pair gloves at Target for the running gloves I asked for for Christmas.
- My favorite run ever was when my family was stuck in a traffic jam in Maine (this was probably early high school) and my Dad and I just got out of the car and ran the three miles back to our cottage. It was like we were racing against Mom and Kim, only they had to sit in the hot car in traffic and we got to run past everyone on the highway. :)
I think I'd direct you to our house tour page, because it shows both our kitchen and Drew's nursery. Two parts of our house, in all of the construction craziness, that I just love.
I have no idea... is anything I post helpful? Or is it just an online journal for me just to record what is going through my mind? If I had to guess something I'd say it was this post, when I wrote about how Drew was a surprise baby.
I'm going to post two here... the first is a post I did on White Kitchens and Butcher Block counters... at this point it's had just under 1000 page views. The second most popular post of all time was about Drew's first birthday party with 638 page views and 14 comments.
Uhhhh... I'm pretty sure I shy away from anything controversial.
Most Surprisingly Successful:
I'd have to say that when AJ suggested I open up a shop and redo furniture I wasn't so sure. I didn't really think I could do it well and make us some money, but I have. And I've been paying our car payment and helping with other bills each month (by redoing furniture and other gigs). And that feels good. :) Check out some makeovers here.
The other thing that I tried recently was involving more people in the blog, this past Christmas I did a Twelve Days of Christmas and featured others on the blog. It was so fun and great to show off other people's Christmas traditions. I linked up to the first day of the series so that you could scroll through each day.
I think the recipes are underrated. I really think people should try the Hollywood Squares and Swedish Brownies. Or maybe you shouldn't if you are happy at your current weight. :)
Most Pride Worthy:
Probably this moment. :) Or maybe any of the other millions of posts I've written about him.
Last off, a photo.
Okay, I'll give you two... we had fun collecting rocks in the woods yesterday... and then not so much fun when I wanted to do an impromptu photo shoot with a baby who desperately needed a nap.
This was fun to go back through some blog posts... Thanks for sticking with me till the end!